Sunday, April 21, 2013

Background on the Backlog


A Little Background on My Absence and Good News for the Future

I've actually been trying to justify the concept of continuing to put other things ahead of this (and other personal endeavors) and I'm slowly coming to the realization I would be much better off just focusing on my own thing, particularly since that is what everyone else seems to do.  I've always tried to put the other sites first, but a lack of feedback from core, local members has put a sour taste in my mouth.  It is hard to put a ton of time and money into crafting an event for everyone's enjoyment and come up empty on something as simple as pre-registering for the big, annual car show.  The time I've invested in ATTEMPTING to get regulars involved and active would have easily led to this blog being up-to-date, and other personal adventures fully under way and progressing.  The fact that I made this mod TODAY and am posting it a few hours after wrapping it up should tell you something.

Bear in mind, this has nothing to do with the Mopar 10 Registry...it is just hard to get folks out of the wood works on that end...I'm thinking many of the cars wound up as "investments" and don't often see the light of day (sadly).  You also need to keep in mind this is coming from a guy who started a local car club,modeled another club off of that and built a website to draw regional and national members as opposed to just local, started the Mopar 10 Registry, and still tries to work on and enjoy the very things that sparked him to do all the aforementioned things...and live a regular life with family and work.

So, all that aside what you need to know is I am hoping to actually focus on my own, personal endeavors a bit more...It is also infinitely easier to document upgrades ASAP as opposed to 6-9 months after the fact...amazing how many of those intricate little details you can forget.  Nonetheless, enough on the background...I've got a lot to cover (starting with a quick mod I actually made today).  Let's get to the action!

No comments:

Post a Comment