Tuesday, January 15, 2013

2 Years of the M10!

Well, first off I apologize on not having the time to update here as much as I would like.  I've been pretty busy setting up this coming Chryslers in the Canyon V and try to make that a priority over personal stuff.

That said, I have a lot of content to post here, just need time to line it up and make it happen.

That said, today is a special day in that it was two years ago to the date that we flew down to get the Mopar 10!

The car has been great, avoided dealership's service departments thus far, and has responded well to everything I have thrown at it...I have just over 7,000 Miles on the odometer, but I actually drive mine virtually every day.

In fact, the last few days I have driven through snow flurries and light accumulations.  As stated many times, I got the car to enjoy..and that means driving it as often as possible.  Shot of icy roads or knowing of a hail storm the M10 sees nearly daily usage.

The only issue thus far (aside from being really, really disappointed with the factory stereo and speakers...which was addressed!) is that the last 2 months or so the car has started popping when backing up from work.

It seems to be an issue related to the cold and VERY common in both the Challenger and late model LX platforms, yet no one has come up with a definitive resolution.  That means that despite this being a problem on cars built since 2005 there has been no DEFINITIVE culprit identified, nor fix put on the books.

You can skim the net and find tons of threads where each different dealer acknowledges the problem (in some cases) and then attempts to fix it...Pretty much every part on the front end has been pulled and replaced in the quest to fix it and NOTHING has come back positive?!  While some cars are fixed removing a nut, others are not.

It is ridiculous.  And it really sucks to have a brand new car with only 7k miles over 2 years that has been meticulously cared for sound like you just drove through railroad tracks in a war zone when you back up.

I'm not a conventional person...I don't trust my local dealerships (especially to find a resolution to this).  I've seen it posted hundreds of times, know it is common place, and can deduce that corporate has simply not acknowledged the issue as it makes them look bad.  Well, I learned long ago you get more done, much quicker starting at the top.

I have videos of this popping and intend to upload them to YouTube, publish them to the net, and solicit others to chime in with their same problems, which remain unresolved.  If you don't want to address it on your own and do the right thing identifying the problem AND the corrective measure, I will dang sure do my part to encourage you to do so.

All that aside, overall I could not be happier with the car and it has served me well in both meeting new people, getting to attend regional events with greater ease, and just having a lot of fun.

Happy Anniversary Mopar 10!

No comments:

Post a Comment